Well, hello, everyone! I’m ready for a fun post, aren’t you? I have been following Jamie over at mybakingaddiction on twitter for awhile now. She has such lovely photographs and recipes, but more importantly, we have the same name. I couldn’t resist asking her to blog swap for the day.
Look how nice she is, she even tells us where we can get all the cool things in the picture. I’ve been searching for cute cupcake liners for ages!
You can read my post over at her website by clicking here.
And be sure to follow Jamie on twitter, by clicking here
A couple of weeks ago, Jaime asked me if I would be interested in swapping guest posts for our blogs. Since we share the same name and because I adore her and her blog…I happily accepted and sought out to find a great recipe to share on Sophistimom. I have heard a lot of buzz about Martha Stewart’s Cupcakes cookbook on twitter and since I do not own the book yet, I headed over to her website to find a yummy recipe to make and share!
After some browsing, I settled on Snickerdoodle Cupcakes, but decided to swap out Martha’s recommendation for 7-Minute Frosting with Vanilla Bean Cream Cheese Frosting and I think this was a great decision! These cupcakes were very delicious, although I personally found them to be a tad bit dry…so I will have to tweak these a bit for next time! Thanks, Jaime for allowing me to share this recipe with you and your readers! I hope you all enjoy these cupcakes as much as we did!
Thanks for reading!
Source: Martha Stewart
1 1/2 cups (150g) all-purpose flour
1 1/2 cups (150g) cake flour (not self- rising), sifted
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
1 cup (2 sticks, or 224g) unsalted butter, room temperature
1 3/4 cups (335g) sugar
4 large eggs, room temperature
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
1 1/4 (295mL) cups milk
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line standard muffin tins with paper liners. Sift together both flours, baking powder, salt, and 1 tablespoon cinnamon.
2. With an electric mixer on medium-high speed, cream butter and sugar until pale and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating until each is incorporated, scraping down sides of bowl as needed. Beat in vanilla. Reduce speed to low. Add flour mixture in three batches, alternating with two additions of milk, and beating until combined after each.
3. Divide batter evenly among lined cups, filling each three-quarters full. Bake, rotating tins halfway through, until a cake tester inserted in centers comes out clean, about 20 minutes. Transfer tins to wire racks to cool completely before removing cupcakes.
Vanilla Bean Cream Cheese Frosting
2 8 ounce packages (450g) cream cheese, softened
1 stick (112g) unsalted butter, softened
2 lbs. (900g) confectioners’ sugar
2 teaspoons *vanilla bean paste
1. Using a mixer, mix the cream cheese can butter until thoroughly combined.
2. Add the vanilla paste or extract and combine well.
3. Gradually add in the confectioners’ sugar and mix until smooth and creamy.
Note: 2 teaspoons of pure vanilla extract or the seeds from one vanilla bean will work in place of the vanilla bean paste.